3 day pass includes the Launch Promenade (Friday) and conference days (Saturday & Sunday). See below for full program.
3 day conference pass – $310
3 day conference pass for NSW Guild Members – $280.
Once you have your tickets to the conference main, you can also book into these exclusive events only available to conference participants:
- Launch Promenade (Friday 25th October) – free, bookings essential
- Conference dinner (Saturday 26th October) – $60 per person, bookings essential
- Tour of the State Library – (Friday 26th October) – free, bookings essential
- Tour of the Rare Book Collection, Fisher Library USyd – free, bookings essential
- Assorted workshops by our international speakers – bookings through Andersen’s bindery.
Remember, you have to book your conference tickets first to be eligible for these exclusive events.
Day 1 – Friday 25th October 2019
Promenade book arts demonstrations, Conference opening at the Guild bindery,
Writing NSW, Callan Park, Rozelle
18.00 – 20.00
- Petra Weber: Making Bookcloth
Petra will demonstrate backing fabric with Japanese paper to be used as bookcloth
- Craig Spink: Calligraphy traditional.
- Brigitta Summers & Rachel Boggs: Intaglio Printing
Brigitta and Rachel will demonstrate the intaglio printing process
- Jerry Zylberberg and Laura Jamieson: Letterpress Printing
Laura and Jerry will demonstrate letterpress printing on the Adana press
- Jean Riley: Paste Papers
- Isabelle Ting-McGowan: Book plough
- Jean Kropper: Paper engineering techniques.
Day 2 – Saturday 26th October 2019
Location: The Connection, Rhodes
30 Shoreline Dr, Rhodes NSW 2138
John Turner – President NSW Guild of Craft Bookbinders
Morning Tea and Trades Fair
Lunch and Trades Fair
Afternoon Tea and Trades Fair
(Optional) Conference Dinner – Not included in conference ticket price.
Tickets on sale soon
Keynote speaker: Kathy Abbott – Tomorrow’s Past
Day 3 – Sunday 27 October 2019
Update from Australasian Guilds
Morning tea and Trades Fair
John Turner, President NSW Guild of Craft Bookbinders
Program subject to change. Speakers may be substituted and topics changed based on circumstances beyond our control.